Friday, August 26, 2016

anti-jihad campaigner Pamela Geller's ads for London taxis get censored

With an Islamist now the mayor of London, who's surprised? (See this article)


This week my human rights organization, the American Freedom Defense Initiative, filed suit in the United Kingdom – again. We are fighting for freedom there harder than most Brits.

Back in June I reported that we were starting a new ad campaign to run on London taxis. It consisted simply of quotes from Muhammad, the prophet of Islam, such as “I have been made victorious through terror.”

I was told by John Kehoe, a representative of Media Agency in London that the London buses would not accept my ads, despite the fact that the buses were running ads proclaiming the greatness of Allah. It was Media Agency that suggested I run the ads on taxis instead. I agreed.

I had signed contacts and paid in full on May 13. On that day, we released an announcement: AFDI- Taxi Supersides Contract Between Media Agency Group and Pamela Geller is Signed and Filed!

On June 27, I wrote to John: “John, Please confirm that the ads are up and running today.” On June 28, I received this email from Gabrielle Conneely of Transport Media:

Hi Pamela,
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, john did pass me your email last night to give you an update,
All taxis are now posted and on the road J
Thanks
Gabi

But here’s the thing: the ads never ran.

Transport Media lied. They said that hundreds of our ads were running on London taxis. When I asked for proof of placement – environmental shots of taxis bearing the ads on London streets – they stopped answering my emails.

No comments: