This 10 ton 750 Volts DC electric locomotive was built by General Electric in April 1929 and was originally purchased by the Potosi Mining Company of Chihuahua to operate on the 2 ft 6 inch (762 mm) gauge line that ran from the Robinson estate, south of the city of Chihuahua, where the plant foundry was located, to the mines of Santo Domingo located north of Santa Eulalia, covering a distance of 26 km (16 miles).
In this stretch the line had gradients between 2.5 to 5 % to ascend from 1,066 meters above sea level to 1,829 metres. The trains transported exclusively minerals from the mines to the foundry. In 1968 the government nationalized this company, renamed Minerales Nacionales de Mexico.
From the Ferrocarriles Nacionales de Mexico Facebook page.