Saturday, November 26, 2016

train time at Temuka, late 1900s

North of Timaru. This was the second station, designed like the present Dunedin station by George Troup and was built in 1906.  However, unlike Dunedin station, this no longer exists.

It looks like an A class on the train at the platform while they look like double deck cattle cars on the right.  Was the wall in the front shielding a view of the loo entrance doors?

No comments: