Friday, December 23, 2011

old vehicles on the Kapiti Coast



The first photo shows an late 1920s Dodge truck belonging to Highways Transport outside the Paraparaumu Railway Station. This firm owned a fleet of Leyland trucks carrying petrol in 44 Imperial gallon (200-litre) drums.  Before this time petrol was sold in 10 gallon cans.

The second photo shows a 1953 Leyland Royal Tiger bus from the Omnibus Society website (see earlier post) at QEII Park north of Paekakariki.  As can be seen, it was originally in the Wellington City Transport fleet.

1 comment:

nzcarnerd said...

I know this is a few years late - more than six years - but I found this photo when I searching for something else. The older truck is obviously not a Leyland but I wasn't sure what. I have had good advice that it is a 1929-1930 Dodge, from the just-post-Graham brothers era.