the SS 'Governor' at Redondo Beach wharf, LA circa 1910
This was a steam powered (2 x triple expansion; twin screw) cargo ship built in 1907 by the New York Shipbuilding Corp. of New Jersey and was owned by the Pacific Coast Steamship Co. of San Francisco. Capacity was 5250 grt, length 119.4 and breadth 14.7 metres; maximum speed was 14 knots.
The ship was lost in collision with the SS West Hartland off Port
Townsend on 1 April 1941 en route from San Francisco for
Seattle with passengers and general cargo.