narrow gauge Baldwin on the Lake Tahoe Railway, California, circa 1910
This was a 16 mile (26 km), 3 ft (914 mm) narrow gauge line that ran from a connection with the Central Pacific Railway at Truckee, California to the waterfront at Lake Tahoe. It began operations in 1900. It was leased to Southern Pacific in 1926 who converted it to standard gauge the following year.
Southern Pacific bought the assets outright in May 1933 and abandoned the line in 1943.
During the narrow gauge years the line used 4 Baldwins, details here