There was only one electric tramline built: a 7.5 km, metre-gauge line between Enschede and Glanerbrug, opened on 4 July 1908. The fleet comprised seven tramcars (1-7) built by Pennock in Den Haag. A year later two cars (8-9) by Allan of Rotterdam followed. Five Den Haag horsetram cars acted as trailers. Two trailers were shipped new in 1915 by Nordwaggon in Bremen.
Besides the passenger runs there was also limited goods service. Pennock had previously delivered in 1908 two freight cars which could be attached behind the passenger trams.