Saturday, July 9, 2016

the former Rio Grande depot, Salt Lake City, Utah

A scene from not long after opening.
A scene on the tracks side from 1968.
What it looks like now.
This was built in 1910 and ceased being used by trains in 1999.  The tracks were then relocated away from there to the Salt Lake Central Station a block to the west.  The station was bought by the Utah State Historic Society, restored and is now used for a gallery among other things.

An illustrated history of the station, including reports that it is haunted, is here

No comments: