This stood on the east bank of the channel at the entrance to the harbor and its history goes back to the 17th century. It was blown up in WW2, rebuilt after the war and renovated in 1981. Today's tower is 26 metres high and its light can be seen up to 30 km away at night.
Since 1945 Kolberg has been called Kolobrzeg and part of Poland. See earlier posts.