As mentioned in the earlier post on Napier's trams, the system lasted from 1913 to 1931 when the earthquake ended it. The Ahuriri route went over the Napier Bluff on a route up Shakespeare Road, along Waghorne and into Bridge Street and then to the terminus in Ridell Street. This view would have been taken about the time the trams commenced.
A view of a tram returning to Napier from Ahuriri on Shakespeare Road. Much of the watery area in the distance was raised by the earthquake.