|A tram between Brussels and Leuven at the stop of Moorselsteenweg.|
1926: to Korbeek-Lo and Heverlee (Kantien)
1927: electrification of Kessel-Lo to Linden
1932: electrification Terbank Bertem on the line to Tervuren
1934: Korbeek-Lo Lovenjoel
1934: electrification from Bertem to Tervuren
1937: Mechelsepoort to Herent
1940: Station to Lower Kessel
In 1937 the line between Vossem and Sterrebeek was electrified enabling direct electric tram services between Brussels and Leuven. In 1940 came connecting link between Vossem and Tervuren provided by a shuttle.
In 1938, Circle Line 4 was abolished between Mechelsepoort and Station. In 1952 all Leuven urban lines except line 1 were lifted and trams replaced by buses. In 1953 line 1 was also lifted along with the line to Jodoigne, which was operated with motor trams. The region continued to operate trams to Brussels. The line to Diest was electrified in 1952 from Linden (endpoint of town line 1) to Sint-Joris-Winge and in 1953 to Diest (station). The Diest line was shortened in 1958 to Tielt. On 19 May 1961 the line was closed to Brussels on 31 March 1962 the last tram in Leuven - to Tielt - was closed.